CANDY Issue 11
$15 - Standard Post.
$30 - Express Post. *Recommended*
$25 - Standard Post.
You are also able to view our web store and complete checkout in the following currencies when using the payment gateway on our site:
Hong Kong Dollar
New Zealand Dollar
Payment via the payment gateway on our web store*:
Payment via Paypal or Afterpay:
distal phalanx is super excited to offer Australia, New Zealand and now Canada and UK residents Afterpay as a payment method.
Afterpay offers interest-free payment plans for your purchases online and in store. Buy and receive what you want today and pay it off in four equal instalments fortnightly. Find out more below!
Afterpay is operated by Afterpay Holdings Limited, listed on the ASX.
To make a purchase using Afterpay you will need:
- A debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- An Australian, New Zealand, Canadian or UK residential address
- Your order cannot exceed 2,000 AUD
To use the service:
- Add items to your shopping bag
- Select Afterpay as your payment method – you will be redirected to Afterpay
- Register or login to your Afterpay account and confirm payment
- We ship your order as per our standard shipping policy (which you can view here)
- We will get you to process the purchase via our online store using your smartphone whilst in store.
- Choose the In Store Pickup option at checkout so you aren't charged shipping.
- You take your order home with you.
- Afterpay is an interest free payment plan option
- Afterpay offers instant online approval
- There is no application form required
- The funds for the first payment must be available on your nominated card at the time of checkout.
- All new Afterpay customers are required to make their first payment at the time of purchase, with the remaining three payments deducted automatically each fortnight over the remaining 6 weeks. After the first purchase transaction, each further payment will be debited exactly 14 days later, unless voluntary payments are made. At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to view your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. If you do not log in and make a payment, Afterpay will automatically deduct the installments from your debit or credit card each fortnight.
- All orders are subject to Afterpay’s approval – for example, if you have any overdue payments, Afterpay will not be available to you.
- If eligible for a refund (in line with our refund policy here), your initial payment will be returned in full and the remaining payments cancelled at no charge.
- When you link your Afterpay account to a debit or credit card, please be aware that standard fees and charges may be applicable. Please refer to your card issuer’s terms and conditions for full details.
- If a payment is due from you but not received by Afterpay in accordance with the payment schedule, a late payment fee(s) will be charged.
Please select your delivery method above as this determines the price of the publication.
Limited Edition of 1500 Numbered Copies
11 Different Covers
Only 1 of each cover available!
Agosto Machado photographed by Ryan McGinley - SOLD OUT
Elliot Fletcher photographed by Amos Mac - SOLD OUT
A tribute to Greer Lankton photographed by Michael Bailey Gates
Rain Dove photographed by Cole Sprouse - SOLD OUT
EJ Johnson photographed by Greg Gorman
Stevie photographed by Lia Clay - SOLD OUT
Salvia photographed by Toyin Ibidapo - SOLD OUT
Joseph Ntahilaja photographed by Kristin-Lee Moolman - SOLD OUT
Jaimie Wilson photographed by Thurstan Redding
Hari Nef photographed by Matt Holmes
Octavia Saint Laurent photographed by Brian Lantelme - SOLD OUT
"While working on this new issue of C★ndy, the Spice Girls song Spice Up Your Life has often been playing in my mind. It was the first single from their album Spiceworld, released in 1997. (Wow, did that really happen 20 years ago?) There is one line in particular from that song that resonates, again and again: “Smilin’ and dancin’ / Everything is free / All you need is positivity”.
Positivity: that’s the key.
I truly believe positivity is exactly what everybody needs nowadays, and this issue
plays around with that idea. Developed thanks to the talent and generosity of all the people featured in these pages— and especially thanks to the artists and writers that enthusiastically collaborated in the creation of the contents—this magazine is our tribute to and
celebration of everything that is positive and possible in our world:
Love, Fun, Happiness,
Personality, Style, Peace,
No more … no less!"
Agosto Machado photographed by Ryan McGinley, Jack Pierson and Peter Hujar -among others-. Interviewed by Jimmy Paul and Tabboo!, text edited by Svetlana Kitto.
The world of drag -now and then- photographed by David Yarritu and Zak Krevitt. Text by Linda Simpson.
Elliot Fletcher photographed by Amos Mac, with Creative Direction by Love Bailey and interview by Henry Giardina.
Romy Abergel photographed by Dafy Hagai, styled by Victoria Sekrier and interviewed by Michal Elbee.
Remembering Charles Pierce with a text by Peter Mintun and photos by Rocky Schenck, Daniel Nicoletta, Ron Galella and Richard Avedon -among others-.
Daisy FW 2017-2018 with photos and text by Zac Bayly.
Ex Infinitas SS 2018 with photos and text by Zac Bayly.
Tii Doll photographed and interviewed by Zac Bayly.
Sandra Nandeibam photographed by Tenzing Dakpa, with creative direction and styling by Nikhil D.
Jaimie Wilson photographed by Thurstan Redding, styled by Rúben Moreira and interviewed by Joey Levenson.
Violeta La Burra photographed by Daniel Riera and interviewed by Eduardo Gión.
A Peter Hujar portfolio starring David Brintzenhofe with texts by Stephen Koch and Jimmy Paul.
Dara photographed and styled by Cruz Valdez. Text by Devan Diaz.
James Spencer and Harald Smart photographed by Thurstan Redding and styled by Charles Jeffrey.
A fashion story photographed by Reto Schmid and styled by Andreas Peter Krings.
Zoey Fitzgerald photographed by Tyler Mitchell and styled by Ian Bradley.
A fashion story photographed by Camille Vivier and styled by Leopold Duchemin.
A fashion story starring Sussi, Harry Charlesworth and Love Bailey -among others- photographed by Mat + Kat and styled by Cece Liu.
Loewe Special: Young New Yorkers photographed and styled by Matt Holmes.
Gucci Special: Salvia photographed by Toyin Ibidapo, styled by Tara St. Hill and interviewed by Tim Philip Neugebauer.
J.W.Anderson Special: South African models photographed by Kristin-Lee Moolman and styled by Ibrahim Kamara, inspired by some of the most iconic fashion images ever made.
Molly Goddard Special: Model Jacob Mallinson / Dinah Lux photographed by Dham Srifuenfung and styled by Michael Darlington.
Rick Owens Special: Rain Dove photographed by Cole Sprouse and styled by Gro Curtis.
Vivienne Westwood Special: Madison and Adam Eli Werner photographed by Thomas McCarty and styled by Ian Bradley. Text by Adam Eli Werner.
Palomo Spain Special: The Hotel Palomo collection photographed by Biel Capllonch and styled by Marc Sebastian Faiella. Text by Dan Thawley.
Merritt Meacham Special: A trio of models photographed by Benedict Brink and styled by Roxane Danset.
EJ Johnson photographed by Greg Gorman, with Creative Direction by Love Bailey and interview by Mickey Boardman.
Zaldy and his creations photographed by Lia Clay and styled by Marcus Cuffie. Interviews by Mike Furey and ANOHNI.
James Bidgood photographed and interviewed by Luke Abby + A selection of Bidgood’s personal archive photos + The Pink Narcissus series.
A portfolio photographed by Michael Bailey Gates in collaboration with Paul Monroe, inspired by Greer Lankton’s work. With photos by Greer Lankton herself, two portraits by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders and a text by Lena Dunham.
An extensive photographic portfolio by Brian Lantelme, portrayed and interviewed by Sunny Suits.
The First Transversal Style Magazine
“In a fantastic riposte to the dwindling state of print media, Luis Venegas has launched his bravest, most exciting concept yet: a magazine that celebrates the world of transgenderism: Candy.”
—Kin Woo on Dazed Digital, November 2009
C★NDY is the first fashion magazine completely dedicated to celebrating transvestism, transexuality, crossdressing and androgyny in all their glory. A style magazine about fashion, art, culture, make-up, glamour, icons, amazing transformations and fun.
About Luis Venegas the Creative Director, Editor and Publisher of Fanzine137, EY! Magateen, C★ndy, The Printed Dog and EY! Boy Collection.
Luis is based in Spain and split's their time between Madrid and Barcelona. Since 2004, they've channeled their energies into publishing three personal editorial projects. An independent self-published editor, their magazines - released as limited editions - are available only in selected shops, boutiques and bookstores around the world.