CANDY Issue 10 [LAST ONE]
or make 4 interest-free payments of $23.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
Orders $350+ receive complimentary worldwide shipping with online tracking.
Domestic orders (Australia):
$12 - Express Parcel Post with online tracking.
$30 - Standard post with online tracking.
Arrives within approximately 3-10 business days.
$15 - Economy Airmail (without online tracking). Arrives within 7 business days.
$25 - Standard Post (with online tracking). Arrives within 5 business days.
$35 - Express post (with online tracking). Arrives within 3 business days.
You are also able to view our web store and complete checkout in the following currencies when using the payment gateway on our site:
Hong Kong Dollar
New Zealand Dollar
Payment via the payment gateway on our web store*:
Payment via Paypal or Afterpay:
distal phalanx is super excited to offer Australia and New Zealand residents Afterpay as a payment method.
Afterpay offers interest-free payment plans for your purchases online and in store. Buy and receive what you want today and pay it off in four equal instalments fortnightly. Find out more below!
Afterpay is operated by Afterpay Holdings Limited, listed on the ASX.
To make a purchase using Afterpay you will need:
- A debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- An Australian or New Zealand residential address
- Your order cannot exceed 1,000 AUD
To use the service:
- Add items to your shopping bag
- Select Afterpay as your payment method – you will be redirected to Afterpay
- Register or login to your Afterpay account and confirm payment
- We ship your order as per our standard shipping policy (which you can view here)
- We will get you to process the purchase via our online store using your smartphone whilst in store.
- Choose the In Store Pickup option at checkout so you aren't charged shipping.
- You take your order home with you.
- Afterpay is an interest free payment plan option
- Afterpay offers instant online approval
- There is no application form required
- The funds for the first payment must be available on your nominated card at the time of checkout.
- All new Afterpay customers are required to make their first payment at the time of purchase, with the remaining three payments deducted automatically each fortnight over the remaining 6 weeks. After the first purchase transaction, each further payment will be debited exactly 14 days later, unless voluntary payments are made. At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to view your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. If you do not log in and make a payment, Afterpay will automatically deduct the installments from your debit or credit card each fortnight.
- All orders are subject to Afterpay’s approval – for example, if you have any overdue payments, Afterpay will not be available to you.
- If eligible for a refund (in line with our refund policy here), your initial payment will be returned in full and the remaining payments cancelled at no charge.
- When you link your Afterpay account to a debit or credit card, please be aware that standard fees and charges may be applicable. Please refer to your card issuer’s terms and conditions for full details.
- If a payment is due from you but not received by Afterpay in accordance with the payment schedule, a late payment fee(s) will be charged.
Please select your delivery method above as this determines the price of the publication.
Guest Editor Hari Nef
Limited Edition of 1500 Numbered Copies
10 Different Covers
A Closer Look by Steven Meisel
(48 Pages Supplement made in collaboration with Loewe)
View excerpts from the magazine via our blog post here
LETTER FROM THE GUEST EDITOR: HARI NEF
SEARCHING FOR MAGIC HOUR
Hari Nef, Siobhan Atwell, Misty Pollen, Tyler Ford, Matt Holmes, Torraine Futurum, Aurel Haize Odogbo, Mel Shimkovitz and Third wear Gucci photographed by Nan Goldin, styled by Matt Holmes, text by Misty Pollen
-ALMOST- A CONFESSION BY AN ANONYMOUS MODEL
HOLLY WOODLAWN, JACKIE CURTIS, CANDY DARLING
Texts by Morgan M Page, photographs by Richard Avedon, Timothy Greenfield-Sanders and Paul Jasmin
Amanda Lepore, Honey Dijon, Lauren Foster, Nomi Ruiz, Geena Rocero, Dina Marie, Gisele Alicea, Justin Vivian Bond, Connie Fleming and Flawless Sabrina photographed by Ethan James Green, styled by Matt Holmes, texts written by Devan Díaz and edited by Jamie Berrout
CRISTINA LA VENENO (1964-2016) IN MEMORIAM
Cristina La Veneno photographed by Matías Uris, text by Valeria Vegas
UNE FEMME EST UN FEMME
Essay by Maya Singer, artwork by Mel Odom
Amiyah Scott photographed by Thomas McCarty, styled by Ian Bradley, interviewed by Zac Bayly
Andreja Pejic photographed by Terry Richardson, styled by George Cortina, interviewed by Neesha Arter
Triana Seville photographed by Pierre-Ange Carlotti, styled by Bárbara Martelo, interviewed by Valeria Vegas
Menswear photographed by Santiago & Mauricio, styled by Simon Rasmussen
PWR BTTM photographed by Thomas McCarty and Zak Krevitt, styled by Ian Bradley, interviewed by Greg Garry
Hari Nef and Andrés Velencoso photographed by Sebastián Faena, styled by Sofía Achaval
Audrey Marnay, Lorenzo, Victor, Remi, Dustin, William, Saam and Eden wear Vejas photographed by Leon Mark and styled by Anna Pesonen, Vejas Kruszewski and Saam Emme interviewed by Dan Thawley
I PUT A SPELL ON YOU
Stevie, Terry, Cruz, Torraine and Dara wear Maison Margiela photographed by Lia Clay, styled by Matt Holmes
Hari Nef, Ser Serpas, M Zavos, Dara, Rashida Renée and Martine Gutierrez wear Marc Jacobs photographed by Inez and Vinoodh
LETTER FROM THE EDITOR: LUIS VENEGAS
The First Transversal Style Magazine
“In a fantastic riposte to the dwindling state of print media, Luis Venegas has launched his bravest, most exciting concept yet: a magazine that celebrates the world of transgenderism: Candy.”
—Kin Woo on Dazed Digital, November 2009
C★NDY is the first fashion magazine completely dedicated to celebrating transvestism, transexuality, crossdressing and androgyny in all their glory. A style magazine about fashion, art, culture, make-up, glamour, icons, amazing transformations and fun.
About Luis Venegas the Creative Director, Editor and Publisher of Fanzine137, EY! Magateen, C★ndy, The Printed Dog and EY! Boy Collection.
Luis is based in Spain and split's their time between Madrid and Barcelona. Since 2004, they've channeled their energies into publishing three personal editorial projects. An independent self-published editor, their magazines - released as limited editions - are available only in selected shops, boutiques and bookstores around the world.