Baron by Joyce Lee [PRE ORDER]
or make 4 interest-free payments of $21.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
$15 - Standard Post.
$30 - Express Post. *Recommended*
$25 - Standard Post.
You are also able to view our web store and complete checkout in the following currencies when using the payment gateway on our site:
Hong Kong Dollar
New Zealand Dollar
Payment via the payment gateway on our web store*:
Payment via Paypal or Afterpay:
distal phalanx is super excited to offer Australia, New Zealand and now USA, Canada and UK residents Afterpay as a payment method.
Afterpay offers interest-free payment plans for your purchases online and in store. Buy and receive what you want today and pay it off in four equal instalments fortnightly. Find out more below!
Afterpay is operated by Afterpay Holdings Limited, listed on the ASX.
To make a purchase using Afterpay you will need:
- A debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- An Australian, New Zealand, Canadian, USA or UK residential address
To use the service:
- Add items to your shopping bag
- Select Afterpay as your payment method – you will be redirected to Afterpay's payment platform
- Register or login to your Afterpay account and confirm payment
- We ship your order as per our standard shipping policy (which you can view here)
- We will get you to process the purchase via our online store using your smartphone whilst in store.
- Choose the In Store Pickup option at checkout so you aren't charged shipping.
- You take your order home with you.
- Afterpay is an interest free payment plan option
- Afterpay offers instant online approval
- There is no application form required
- The funds for the first payment must be available on your nominated card at the time of checkout.
22 x 28cm
Baron is pleased to present artist Joyce Lee’s debut book, dedicated to the artists archive of watercolour and pencil works, exploring aspects of love, sex and sexuality, and the human body.
Like the surrealists before her, Lee’s work seeks to explore the subconscious. Using lucid landscapes and the body, the artist mixes high culture with trash culture, the picturesque with the disgusting and the two activities of living, humour and sex.
In our image-sharing society, where photography depicting sexuality and the human body is prohibited and censored, Lee’s work manages to challenge such rules by creating work around sex and the body, in the media of watercolour and pencil, deemed acceptable in these spaces to communicate such themes. As such, Lee’s work has found contemporary relevance on social networks, with liberators wanting to challenge ongoing censorship rules around the human body and sex, by sharing the artists work.
Lee’s work has been published internationally and received critical praise from publications including Numero and Playboy Magazine.
The book also contains an essay by academic Pernilla Ellens editor of Namio Harukawa (Baron 2021) and Death Book lll (Baron 2022).
Please note: any order that includes a pre order product will be dispatched once this piece is ready to ship. Orders cannot be split. If you would like to have currently available items dispatched sooner, please place your orders separately <3 d.p.